With a large snow storm working it’s way into our region, we encourage pet owners to prepare for the worst. Many of our clients who have previously lost power in snow storms chose to board their pets with us until heat was restored to their homes. We are here to help if you need to keep your pets warm and cared for. Whatever your plans are for your pets with the next snow storm on its way, make sure you stay prepared. A great way to stay prepared would be to keep a “go” kit for your pet in your home, in the event of evacuation. These kits should include:
* Food, water and bowls for each pet
* Extra collars, tags, harness and leashes for all pets (including cats)
* Copies of your pets’ vaccination records
* A supply of medications
* A crate or traveling carrier large enough for your pet to stand up and turn around
* A first aid kit
* A list of friends, family, or pet family hotels who may be willing to host you and your pets, and their phone numbers
* Don’t forget our info!
Bryn Mawr Veterinary Hospital
18 N. Merion Ave
Bryn Mawr PA 19010
We will be happy to take in your pets if the need should arise.
Even if you don’t have to leave your home, your pets may not enjoy the snow on their paws- we’ve had a few clients tell us that “Musher’s Secret” works well in these conditions!
Disclaimer: we have not personally tested this product, but feel free to let us know how it works if you do!