May is Flea, Tick & Heartworm Prevention Month
This month we are offering exclusive promotions on flea, tick and heartworm prevention. In addition to our regular promotions of free doses and money-back mail-in rebates we are also offering up to $25 rebate when you purchase certain preventative care for your pet!
A topical medication used to prevent fleas and ticks. This is safe for dogs and cats of all life-stages. This should be applied every 30 days, year-round.
A tasty treat used to prevent heartworm disease in dogs. This should be given every 30 days, year-round.
A flavored tablet used to prevent heartworm disease and fleas in dogs (kills fleas within 30 minutes). This should be given every 30 days, year-round.
A flavored tablet used to kill fleas within 30 minutes in cats and dogs. Can be given every 30 days for flea prevention.
Some fun parasite facts:
– One flea lays 40-50 eggs daily for 100 days
– Flea pupa can lay dormant in your house for up to two years. Adult fleas can live 3-8 weeks.
– In order for fleas to die in the environment, the temperature must be below 33.8°F for 5 consecutive days. Our area has not had this for over 6 years.
– Feral cats, opossums, and raccoons are a common source of fleas.
– You do not need to have deer in your backyard for your pet to get dangerous tick-borne diseases. White-footed mice actually the preferred host and next for the threatening ticks.
– Heartworm disease is becoming more prevalent in our area. It is important and easy to keep your pet on prevention year-round. It is crucial to give prevention every 30 days. Adult heartworms can lodge in the heart starting on day 45.