Dogs and cats require monthly preventive medications to protect them from internal and external parasites such as; heartworms, intestinal parasites, fleas and ticks. These monthly preventive medications keep your pet happy, healthy and disease free. There are several forms of heartworm prevention as well as flea and tick prevention. We recommend both Heartgard Plus and Trifexis for monthly heartworm prevention, for monthly flea and tick prevention we recommend both Nexgard and Frontline.
When you purchase any Heartworm Prevention or Flea and Tick Prevention product this month you will be entered into a raffle to win what you buy! So if you buy 6 months of each heartworm and flea and tick prevention you will receive an additional 6 months of each product for FREE! All you have to do is fill out a raffle ticket at the time of purchase, the winner will be announced June 1st.
Facts about heartworms, fleas and ticks
- Heartworms are transmitted to dogs by mosquitoes
- Without the administration of a heartworm prevention, your pet could get heartworm disease – a potentially life threatening disease
- Heartworm prevention medication also protects your pet against certain intestinal parasites
- Ticks can transmit Lyme, Anaplasmosis and Erlichiosis to your pet
- Ticks are more numerous and found in more geographic areas than ever before, ticks actively seek hosts year-round
- Fleas infestations can cause serious discomfort for your pet, flea allergy dermatitis and tapeworms
- The average home can be a “flea haven” ideal conditions for fleas include carpets, furniture, shrubs and decks
To find out more information about some of the preventive medications we recommend click here or to find out which prevention medication is best for your pet stop in the office or give us a call 610-527-3484